Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide top or bottom fabrics in view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
932 Views, 4 Replies

Hide top or bottom fabrics in view

Hi,

is there a way to hide top or bottom fabrics in plan view?? I have to make a slab rebar detailing layout and have trouble differentiating top from bottom fabrics! The only way I found is selecting fabrics sheet by sheet and "hide by element"! If I select "hide by category" all disappears!

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
N.Oomen
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous,

When you create a fabric sheet area you determine the property "Location" bottom or top.

In your view you can apply filters. When you create a new filter and chose the category structural fabric Areas and Reinforcement you can filter on this particular setting and that way see just one layer, either top or bottom.

Hope this helps you out.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Niels Oomen
Cadac Group BV
Sr Consultant AEC

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: N.Oomen

Hi,

can you be more specific!? When I open the filter menu I see this:

Capture.PNG

Where are top/bottom layers?

Best regards!

PS: Is there a more "elegant" (easier) approach to this topic? What I have is a full 3D reinforced model that has to be shown in 2D layouts! The designer that did it has just drawn all the rebars and fabrics. Now I'm stuck with a mess of lines and meshes that cover one over the other!!! Picking elements one by one and "hiding" in plan view definitely won't help me.

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report