Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with family

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Sahay_R
246 Views, 3 Replies

Help with family

Hello all, I am modifying an existing bulkhead family that I have 'inherited'. Here's the deal - I have 4 'boxes', out of which one is controlled by a visibility parameter. I have created an IF/THEN formula to drive the overall length of the assembly - if Bulkhead 4 is not visible, then the Overall length will adjust accordingly. This has led to all kinds of mayhem - the numbers are correct, but the geometry does not obey. Family is attached.

Capture.PNG

Assistance would be appreciated!

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Sahay_R

Looks and sounds overly complicated. Just create one ceiling based or face based bulkhead family with a void cut and place it directly on a ceiling in your project. Sizes and locations are controlled in the project, by the designers. No need to mess with any formulas and visibility parameters.
Message 3 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: Sahay_R

the ceiling sketch collapses on itself. I don't see how you could make the ceiling monolithic and flex the way you want it to.  Looks like you need 2 ceiling conditions; 1 visible when 4 and 1 visible when 3.  

...BTW @Sahay_R: How's life at the top? You seen that Expert Elite translate to a bigger paycheck yet? 

Message 4 of 4
Sahay_R
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks @ToanDN and @barthbradley for the sage counsel. What I had inherited looks like an in-place model that was exported out to RFA - hence the mess. I have removed the four-bulkhead situation completely. The good outcome has been that that it is easier to control the dimensions of the geometry than it was before. I will propose a second family with 4 bulkheads. Or maybe create one with two type parameters. Smiley Very Happy. You know me - can't keep it simple! Smiley LOL

@barthbradley - the only outcome of 'being at the top' - as you put it - has been an enhancement of the size of my head! Smiley LOL

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report