Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Generic Annotation overlapping wall

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
zapatero.alfonso
688 Views, 5 Replies

Help: Generic Annotation overlapping wall

Hello,

Can someone help me with this? Please see attached cap-image. The generic annotation is aligned with the walls, I want to make it away from wall. What should I do?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hii  Zapatero alfonso,
           -->Just give the leader for generic annotation tag and move the tag to the required place, and now switch off the leader. Now the annotation tag will not be overlapped.
           -->Or else just you can click and drag the tag if the leader is not required.(TAB key is used to select the particular annotation tag)

Regards,
Aadityan Gokulakrishnan

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

That generic annotation comes with the revit family, inserted to revit project. If the annotation is "live" in the project, I can do what you've just suggested. The family inserted is a fire alarm device with nested revit family (as generic annotation family).

Is there other way to move that generic annotation away from the wall? What other parameters I can use?

Alfonso
Message 4 of 6

Dear Alfonso,
-->Then you can edit the family and make the changes.
-->If it doesn't work, can u just upload the family here. I will try to make the change.

Thanks,
Aadityan Gokulakrishnan.

Message 5 of 6

What not just use a Tag in the Project and not have a label in the Family?   Do you understand how to do that (e.g. create a Tag to pull information from a Family)?  

Message 6 of 6

Yes. I understand that. Tags will do. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report