Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch pattern

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2487 Views, 5 Replies

Hatch pattern

I need to rotate teh earth pattern in the sections according to australian standards. However I am not given the option  How am i able to rotate this hatch pattern as seen in th eimage below. Thefile is attached for further perusal. How an I insert the PAT file of the diganol earth hacth pattern after I copy ad paste in Notepad. 

hatch pattern.JPG2.JPG

hatch pattern.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

This page in the help has information on getting a PAT file into Revit for use.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-BC72C8DB-D7B5-425B-B124-998BF0128A59

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 6
RDAOU

Hey @Anonymous

The option to rotate pattern is not availbale for Custom patterns (such as that of Earth); it is only available for simple patterns. That being said, you will need to create the 45 degrees rotated patter.

The question is...Do you have the pattern file (.PAT) for the custom/diagonal pattern? If you don't then you will need to

• first code the pattern (you can use notepad to do so) or use a plugin such as Hatch-22 to create
  • in Revit go to Manage Tab > Additional Settings > Fill Patterns
  • in the Fill Patterns dialog; click on New > Select Custom > Click on Import > Navigate to the folder where you saved the .Pat file and load it

However; there is somesort of a cheat... If you have none of the above, you don't want to get Hatch-22 or similar, project is just a schematic/concept and the reviewers aren't too picky; you can instead of Drafting pattern (Earth)  use Model Pattern (Parquet) ... those can be aligned or rotated as you wish. All you gotta do is

1. Go to Annotate >> On the Detail Panel select Region > Fill Region...
  2. Trace the region around the earth showin in the section view (lock it to the section) > Finish Sketch
  3. Select the Fill Region >> Go to Properties >> Edit Type >> Change pattern to Model and select Parquet
  4. Back on the section view...Place a Reference plane @ 45 degrees (Esc twice to end RP command)
  5. On the Modify Tab, Select Align tool
  6. Select Ref Plane as 1st pick
  7. Hover mose over the fill region pattern and tab to select a line from the pattern
  8. Result is something similiar tot the following:

Rotate Pattern.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
hugha

This is Earth as read from the standard file Revit.Pat and rotated 45 degrees in HatchKit:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
;        Written by HatchKit for Revit
;        HatchKit for Revit (c)1990-2016 Cadro Pty Ltd
;        www.hatchkit.com.au/
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;%VERSION=3.0
;%UNITS=INCH
*Earth-Aust,Earth (cut)
;%TYPE=DRAFTING
135,-0.13258,0.17678,0.25,0.25,0.25,-0.25
135,-0.066291,0.24307,0.25,0.25,0.25,-0.25
135,0,0.30936,0.25,0.25,0.25,-0.25
45,0,0,0.25,0.25,0.25,-0.25
45,-0.066291,0.066291,0.25,0.25,0.25,-0.25
45,-0.13258,0.13258,0.25,0.25,0.25,-0.25

hope this helps,

Hugh Adamson

www.hatchkit.com.au

Message 5 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: hugha

@hugha

Hatchkit is cool too!!! are we getting discount coupons for advertising it? 😉 joking ... not sure my students would be happy to pay though 😛

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

My  key issue was to Type before the hatch pattern:

;%VERSION=3.0
;%UNITS=INCH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report