Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grid head visibility when zoomed in

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
laura.d.morgan4.ctr
558 Views, 8 Replies

grid head visibility when zoomed in

I was wondering if there were a way to make the grid heads always visible at the edge of your view window when zoomed in (kind of like in excell when you lock the the first row.

it would be incredibly helpful in larger projects so you always know which column lines you are looking at without having to zoom back out to confirm.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

...bumped.

I don't understand. Pictures might help.  

Message 3 of 9

That's a great idea! Please share this with Autodesk Ideas. As far as I know, this isn't really possible as of Revit 2022. The only way that I know of to control grid heads is to use the Annotation Crops (bonus points if you clip them to a Scope Box), but that won't really help in your situation. One possible workaround would be to set up some View Filters in your working views, and use them to filter out "minor grids" or some other criteria so at least you only see major grids, if that helps.

Message 4 of 9

thanks.  I was considering it but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a solution already that I was missing.

Message 5 of 9

@laura.d.morgan4.ctr wrote:

thanks.  I was considering it but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a solution already that I was missing.

You're welcome, @laura.d.morgan4.ctr ...I guess.  But, I'm still not clear about what we're talking about.  But whatever.  Life goes on. 😉

Have a good day.

P.S. Just in case someone reads this thread and wonders what I bumped that you are responding too, it was "Hide at scales coarser than", which grids don't have.   

Message 6 of 9

the labels on the column lines...you cant see where you are when zoomed in to a large building.  so it would be nice to have a setting where they sorta lock to the edge of your view when you are zoomed in so you don't have to keep zooming back out to double check where you are

Message 7 of 9

What about 2 views side-by-side?  

Tile Views | Revit 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 8 of 9

Why not just hover over the line and look at the pop-up or select it and look at the properties?

Message 9 of 9

oh...good idea!  I should have thought to do that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report