Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global and Shared Parameters Quest

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matheuspalmd
239 Views, 1 Reply

Global and Shared Parameters Quest

Hello fellow users. It was long since my last post here and i'm here again to give you a quest for the sake of knowledge.

The quest is as follows:

I have a label (number 1) inside a title block that gets a value from a shared paramater. Also, the shared parameter is in the project information, so i can edit it. This value is the total area of the building (i'll call it AREA from now on).

Then i have a generic annotation family with a label that contains some more informations about the project. One of those informations is the the same AREA value. This rest of the informations on the generic annotation is driven by this AREA value by formulas in the parameters of the family.

Now i have two issues

First, i cannot create formulas on the titleblock, since it only gets shared parameters

Secondly, in the generic annotation, i create a label and then create a parameter driven by the same shared parameter as in the titleblock. However, when i load it into project the label doesn't get tha value from the project information. Instead, it acts like a normal intance/type parameter of the family.

The goal of the quest is:

Either assign both titleblock and annotation to the shared parameter in a way that i can edit in the project information and both gets the new value

Or

Assign them to a global parameter.

Sometimes i change in one and forget the other and this cannot happen anymore. 

Thank you all in advance.Screenshot_2.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hmunsell
in reply to: matheuspalmd

I've never been a big fan of Global Parameters, just never found them very useful for what i do. But this seems like a case where they might be the solution for you.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report