Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLASS BALUSTER DOESN'T SLOPE TO RAILING??

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2100 Views, 7 Replies

GLASS BALUSTER DOESN'T SLOPE TO RAILING??

Hello. I'm going freaking crazy over here! 🙂 I'm trying to create my custom railing- it's made of a chainlink net with steel balusters places every 900mm. 

I've created my custom balusters, both the steel one and the chainlink one. But I don't understand why oh why won't they slope to the railing?!

I've tried everything I could think of through trial and error- editing the baluster families and deleting the slope voids, re creating the voids, changing the reference lines, editing the extrusion of the chainlink..

Every thing I've done so far, I get one of two reactions: either Revit gives me an error and say it can't load the family into the project, or the family loads but the slope doesn't appear.

Bonus thanks to who can tell me how to get the panel pattern to spread evenly throughout the railing 😉

Stairs are confusing!

Screenshot (10).png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Kimtaurus
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you post the baluster family? There's probably a problem with the constraints.

in reply to: Kimtaurus

Sure thing. Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
Sahay_R

For the panels - you didn't need the voids at all. Also top and bottom of the extrusion were not constrained to the panel top and bottom planes. Take a look at the attached file....

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

That's beautiful haha. Could you post your family here? I'm still a bit confused as to what I have to do to get my balustrade to do that..

Message 6 of 8
Sahay_R

Oops! Sorry!

Steps - 

1 - delete the voids (I hate voids anyway)

2 - edit the extrusion

3 - align the top and bottom of the extrusion with the top and bottom planes (which came with the baluster family template that I copied and pasted your geometry in - oh, that should have been Step 1 - this is not your original family)

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

That is a sight to please my sore eyes.. 🙂

do you mean all I had to do was trim the family to fit the size and shape of the slope!? I hate myself a little bit right now

Message 8 of 8
Sahay_R

Not trim - just align and lock the top and bottom edges of the extrusion sketch to the reference planes.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators