Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gherkin tower using dynamo and adaptive family

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2250 Views, 5 Replies

Gherkin tower using dynamo and adaptive family

I tried to model the gherkin tower using dynamo and adaptive family but it didn't turned out the way i want it to be. the adaptive family became twisted, i tried to check the reference planes and lines and make sure that the points are adaptive. I also tried flexing the family while in the modeling template and it looks fine. I even tried to remodel the family but to no avail. I still can't figure out what is wrong. can you please check it.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it not more complicated to use Dynamo for this? It can be done with a form and some curtain panels.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

When placing an adaptive family onto a divided surface or divided line, care must be taken to select the placement points in the proper order as correlates to the order of the adaptive points in the family itself.

Message 4 of 6
Viveka_CD
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hi @Anonymous

Did you use the 'lunchbox' package for the curtain panel node?

Lunchbox is created for Revit 2017)

For those who want to try, here is the step by step process for creating the Gherkin tower in Dynamo and adaptive families:

Here is the screenshot for the elevations and radii

loft elevations and radii for Gherkin.JPG

Also, try this link HERE to create the same form from masses

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Viveka_CD

That is impressively quick but I reckon that the main factor is the exceptional skill of the demonstrator.  Given the primitive form of the tower, using Dynamo to model it is not really necessary.  It can be done with a simple revolve.  

Still, I enjoyed watching it and have learned a few things that I didn't know possible.  Thanks for sharing!

Message 6 of 6
Viveka_CD
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi @ToanDN

Yes, this is fun to try! Smiley Happy 

Using Dynamo, for the curtain panel nodes - if we select diamond panels (3pt) or (4pt)  and vary the adaptive family, we get different facade treatments.

The automation process and permutations and combinations are just amazing!

Interesting demo by Nathan Miller @Anonymous

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report