Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get spinning blue circle if I touch, move, delete any element in my model

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
RedMan77
4684 Views, 11 Replies

Get spinning blue circle if I touch, move, delete any element in my model

I am having an issue with a constant blue spinning circle if I interact with any object in my model (families not other links).  For instance, if I delete an element, the element is deleted right away but then the spinning blue circle appears and is there between 20 seconds to a minute where I cant do anything in Revit.  Any other programs like Outlook or Navis run very crisp and fast.  

-Revit 2018.3 with all updates (been a long project)

-All Windows updates/ drivers are current

-No NWC's or NWD's attached

-No Desktop Connector

-All Links (Revit Models) are on the BIM 360 cloud

-No one else on team is experiencing same issue

-ALL resources under Task Manager are level except the Ethernet spikes drastically

-Have a very new, stout machine with plenty of HD space and memory.  Noting else is showing signs of performance lag

It seems as if Revit is constantly communicating with every move I make.  I don't believe its a resource issue but I am open to any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
s.borello
in reply to: RedMan77

Simple... just don't delete anything in your model!  I jest... have you done an audit recently?  Does this happen in all projects or just this specific one? 

Message 3 of 12
RobDraw

This reminds me of when I first started using Revit. The network wasn't fast enough. I even nicknamed Revit, Click and Wait.

Sometimes, something as simple as a bad cord can cause these kinds of lags. You may also want to bring your update frequency down to the minimum or manual setting.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 12
RedMan77
in reply to: s.borello

I have done an audit and it is only this project.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 12
barthbradley

Message 6 of 12
RedMan77
in reply to: barthbradley

I have heard of Add-Ins being a possible culprit but didn't see how to temporarily disable.  Cant tell you how many different forms of the heading (title) of the knowledge base article you forwarded that I had entered into the knowledge base and go nothing.  Appreciate it.  Will try and inform you of the results.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 12
RedMan77

Voila!!  It was an Add-In.  I removed them all and it ran fast.  I am adding them back little by little as time permits and will inform the audience of what particular Add-in was the cause.  I can say with certainty, it wasn't

-Autodesk.RevitArcchitecutreExtensions.Revit.addin

-Dynamo.addin

-nwexportrevit.addin

-revit_exporter2018.Addin.bundl (folder)

Thanks!!

Message 8 of 12
barthbradley

So it was an add-in as I predicted?  Great! I look forward to receiving a solution credit.  

Message 9 of 12
cj
Participant
in reply to: barthbradley

I had a similar problem with Revit MEP 2019 & 2020. In desperation I tried your suggestion to disable all add-ins and it worked, no blue circle. The first add-in I added back is the one I needed the most, Fabrication for Revit. Blue circle was back. I deleted and reinstalled the Fabrication for Revit add-in and the blue circle went away again permanently.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 12

i got the blue circle of doom every 10 seconds, it was driving me mad as everything took so long to do because of it, it turned out be the workshare frequency rate was set to every 5 seconds, as soon as i moved it to manual it stopped and all is fine now 

revit issue blue circle of doom.PNG

Message 11 of 12
AdamHamilton

Had this issue with a Revit 2020 and had to repair the Autodesk Cloud Models from Add/Remove Programs

Message 12 of 12
peggy

How do you identify and then delete an Add In?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report