Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get rid of hidden lines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pics.munmun
1580 Views, 3 Replies

get rid of hidden lines

I have modelled the beam below the columns(as shown in attached pic).

I want to get rid of beam lines showing inside the column. 

also i cannot model beam at face of column as i need analytical model for structure analysis. 

i tried changing object styles but was unable to get rid of them.

Please help me figure out this. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: pics.munmun

@pics.munmun 

That depends of various factors such as

• Material for Model behavior set in the family (Different material has different behavior ex: Concrete Beams join without a cut-back) Note: this is different than the finish material you set for rendering
  • Relation between Column and Beam...you mentioned that you have modeled the beams below the columns. You need to check their Extents (top and Bottom). Except for foundations and piles I would expect the workflow to be from Up >> Down...ie: Beam on top of the column

For the line pattern too several things to check

• Check any overrides
  • Check view range and if the beams are shown as <BEYOND> (when beams fall between the the Primary Range Bottom and the View Depth they show in a Line Style called <Beyond> which is by default dashed
  • Check if the beam is below the slab and slab and is showing Hidden Lines through

If you provide a section with levels and the view range you are using, it might be easier to understand what you have in the model and help you fix it

Material of Model Behavior

cc.jpg

Beam shown as Beyond

cc1.jpg

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
pics.munmun
in reply to: RDAOU

Please refer the attached .jpg files.

Message 4 of 4
pics.munmun
in reply to: pics.munmun

refer attached. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators