Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Model Adaptive sweep along spline twists profile between start and end

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
itsme.mozzarella
693 Views, 9 Replies

Generic Model Adaptive sweep along spline twists profile between start and end

As the height of the spiral increases so does the twisting that happens at both ends. Would be very nice if this did not happen. How do I stop this twisting to occur?

Spiral.png

It's made by having a start and end profile (square in this case) that is being swepped along the Spline Through Points. If this is not the correct method to get the result I'm looking for, please enlighten me 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: itsme.mozzarella

Select the form and set to Consistent profile (or somthing sounding similar) from the option ribbon. 

Message 3 of 10

@itsme.mozzarella wrote:

As the height of the spiral increases so does the twisting that happens at both ends.

Because the work planes (on which the Profiles are placed) are twisting. Are you saying you want to keep the Profiles perpendicular/parallel to level?  If so, it would be easier to just slice the ends of the twisted Solid Form created with Void Forms that are perpendicular/parallel to level.  

Message 4 of 10

Actually, I don't think I read you right. Now it sounds like you don't want the twist. What exactly are you wanting the final form to look like?  Got a picture or something? 

Message 5 of 10
itsme.mozzarella
in reply to: ToanDN

If you mean Lock Profiles, that is not it. There's also nothing that says Option (or similar) on the ribbon.

Message 6 of 10

@barthbradley wrote:

Because the work planes (on which the Profiles are placed) are twisting. Are you saying you want to keep the Profiles perpendicular/parallel to level?  If so, it would be easier to just slice the ends of the twisted Solid Form created with Void Forms that are perpendicular/parallel to level.  

This aswell... but more so, I'd like to keep the profiles from rotating. In the picture, the large square has rotated almost 45° and rotates more as the total height increases.

Message 7 of 10

I don't want that twist, no. Well it should stay un-rotated.

000.PNG

Message 8 of 10

Here's the spiral (Revit 2021):

Message 9 of 10
BDMackey

Do not use the start or end points to host your profile. Add a point hosted to the path line the host your profiles to those points. These can then have a parameter for rotation on each point to adjust if needed.

Message 10 of 10
ToanDN

@itsme.mozzarella wrote:

If you mean Lock Profiles, that is not it. There's also nothing that says Option (or similar) on the ribbon.

Obviously you cannot use Lock profiles if the profiles are different along the path.  I could have not be seeing the image you post in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report