Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furniture lines displaying over Wall lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nathaniel.mcmahon
2384 Views, 5 Replies

Furniture lines displaying over Wall lines

Have an issue when full height furniture shares a common edge with a wall. The View range cuts both wall and furniture. The furniture (no detail masks or lines) model is displayed over the wall line. Is there a way to change this? I've seen solutions to other scenarios which don't apply to me. I've attached a file for reference.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 122846.jpg

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Caed9
in reply to: nathaniel.mcmahon

What I recommend you, in this case, is to create a plan region with a cut plane above the height of the family.

The View range Cut plane on the plan region must not be equal or less than the height of the Cabinet. 

Another Solution will be to edit the family and uncheck the visibility settings of the geometry on plan/RCP and add Detail lines. Do not use masking region if the Planview's view range has a cut plane that is intersecting the family, because you will have the same undesired outcome and it will require a plan region again (Double work).

I believe you can hide the Plan region outline for pdfs and printing.

Caed9_0-1610388280046.png

Caed9_1-1610388421044.png

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: nathaniel.mcmahon

I turn off the 3d solid in the family and add symbolic lines for plan presentation. 3d is kept to shown on elevations and 3d.
Message 4 of 6

I would like also some solution for this problem (from Autodesk I hope). It is not efficient to rework every single furniture in order to keep the lines' hierarchy.

Message 5 of 6

Indeed, Autodesk! Please solve this issue. It does not make any sense to display furniture or casework lines on wall lines. This is a problem in every single project that our company is working on.

Message 6 of 6
RSomppi
in reply to: eero.ilvessalo

@eero.ilvessalo wrote:

Indeed, Autodesk! Please solve this issue. 

Autodesk isn't here. Try the IDEAS forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report