Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furniture family - pick new host

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
spm8C88E
574 Views, 5 Replies

Furniture family - pick new host

I have some furniture families that seem to be hosted to the work plane of floors. This is great, except that when I change the elevation of the floors the furniture families don't update like the planting families. When I select the furniture and select 'pick new host' the family jumps to the cursor and moves with the mouse and rotates in a weird way. Is there a way to get the furniture family to work like planting families - click on the family, select 'pick new host' and then click the floor and the family stays in the same x,y but jumps to the new elevation of the floor?

JPG shows how family is being re-hosted, but i don't want it to rotate just move stright up to the floor.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
spm8C88E
in reply to: spm8C88E

PS: selecting 'work plane' when picking the new host keeps the family from rotating but it still moves with the mouse

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN

Try Edit Work Plane, not Pick New Host.

Message 4 of 6
spm8C88E

Thanks for the suggestion. When i try edit work plane the only one of the 4 options that does anything is 'pick new host' and that does the same thing as the 'pick new host' button. With edit work plane i also get this error.  The issue might be that the floor had a consistent plane, but when I grade it (modify the sub elements) there is no longer a consistent plane. 

Message 5 of 6
planningecv02

place families in plan view to avoid the family rotating by itself 

Message 6 of 6
vitorbortoncello

Check work plane based in family

vitorbortoncello_0-1718451801506.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report