Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor plan, tiled floor: how?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Joris.vd.Meulen
29381 Views, 10 Replies

Floor plan, tiled floor: how?

Hi,

I got a room which needs some floortiles. I would like to show those on my floorplan.

How I did it: annotate > region > filled region. Selected a model pattern.

However: I need to outline the whole thing. which is rather timeconsuming.... 

My question: isn't it possible to create a tiled floor on 'floorlevel' and other components are 'above' the tiles and therefore tiles aren't shown...

Naamloos.gif

3Pinter

love python coding
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Joris.vd.Meulen

Don't use a Filled Region.

Instead, Create a new "finish floor" which will sit on top of your "structural floor".

Create the new Floor using skeych lines, the finish the sketch.

Then go to the Properties of your new finish floor and offset its height about 1/8" above the Level of your Main Floor.

Then, edit the structure of your "finish floor" and assign it a Tile Material, with a Surface Pattern using a Model Pattern

to show the tile lines. Give the tile a proper thickness, like 1/4" or whatever thickness your tile will be.

Objects above the floor will display properly, as they are "covering up" the floor in your Plan View.

If you are in a workset enabled project, place your "finish floors" on a separate workset.

Use this same principal for making tiled walls.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How do you get the tiled floor? is it built in? I can't find floor types in RevitCity.
Message 4 of 11
L.Maas

Floors are system families.This means they are not loadable. You can copy/modify floors in the project and you can copy floors between projects. But you do not have a loadable floor family.

Just like walls (also a system family) you can modify the structure, the materials etc

If I need a tiled I use a tiled material as top layer.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

How do you get the tiled material though?
Message 6 of 11
L.Maas

Something like this:

Floor Structiure with tile material on top

Floor Structure.png

Floor Material. Settings for 2D Views

Floor Material.png

Settings for 3D

Floor Material 3D.png

Louis

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

the terrible dsaster with my revit is taht the floor tile is not on the material editor

Message 8 of 11
L.Maas

Than you create a new material and make settings as you would like them to represent your tiles.

The screenshots in previous postd already give a good idea how it can be created.

Louis

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

STill doesnt work. I  have tried to make teh new material and applied the hatch pattern. Unfortunately I dont have the 'relief pattern'. This is where the autodesk over sphisticattion can be often painful.  

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I have done exactly as per your screen shots and I am still not getting teh result. I don't have teh relief pattern option
Message 11 of 11
L.Maas

Which options you have available is dependent on the material you start with. For example you can copy the "Porcelain, Ivory" to your project/template.

Then you can rename it and modify the settings.

Porcelain.png

Louis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report