Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor divisione: architectural and structural

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
XXalessio.amodioXX
375 Views, 5 Replies

Floor divisione: architectural and structural

Hi all

I am trying to divide the layering of a floor into different disciplines.

I have used part and assign layer to different workset.

Do you have any idea?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: XXalessio.amodioXX

That's fine if you don't mind a lot of work. However, if you have sloped floors or floors with modified sub-elements then you cannot do it. In such case, you can just model the structural floors and the finish floors separately and join them.
Message 3 of 6
XXalessio.amodioXX
in reply to: ToanDN

So, if I have understood well, you suggest all the time to model two floors, one for architectural, it wil be just floor finish, and one for structural? 

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: XXalessio.amodioXX

@XXalessio.amodioXX wrote:

So, if I have understood well, you suggest all the time to model two floors, one for architectural, it wil be just floor finish, and one for structural? 

That is correct. 

Message 5 of 6
hliS658H
in reply to: ToanDN

do not quite understand the necessity of modeling two layers floor - structural and architectural. I have always been using architectural floor and input all the structural and finish information by edit assembly. 

Can you explain in what kind of situation we need to make two layers of floors - structural and architectural?

hliS658H_0-1672874675669.png

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: hliS658H

@hliS658H wrote:

do not quite understand the necessity of modeling two layers floor - structural and architectural. I have always been using architectural floor and input all the structural and finish information by edit assembly. 

Can you explain in what kind of situation we need to make two layers of floors - structural and architectural?

It works when the finishes are not complex.  When you have various types of floor finishes, some even with different thicknesses, then it is easier to separate structural floor and finish floors.

You could create parts from a single floor to create different finishes and thicknesses, but parts come with their own can of worms.

The bottom line is it depends on projects, choose whatever works best for yours.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators