Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix missing cursor in Schedule views

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
adbryson
582 Views, 8 Replies

Fix missing cursor in Schedule views

There seems to be a bug (or 'feature') out there that will cause your cursor to not appear when clicking into cells within schedule views.  This seemed to become an issue in 2020 and is still an issue in 2022.  The issue is very frustrating b/c you cannot tell where the cursor is when editing text.  There is a workaround some have suggested, where you can zoom into the view to get the cursor to show up.  This works but is not a good solution, we cannot be expected to live our lives at 130% zoom factor, there's just not enough screen real-estate for that.
If an Autodesk rep needs a file, let me know.  I can replicated the issue 100% of the time.

Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
kimberly.fuhrman
in reply to: adbryson

Hi, @adbryson ,

This sounds like a bug (I just checked my Revit 2022 version and was able to see the cursor). I will check with our team to see if this a known issue and follow up with you on it. In the meantime, I am going to move this thread over to the forums for additional exposure there.

Thank you for your submission!

Kimberly

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager
Message 3 of 9
kimberly.fuhrman

This is a known issue. [162971]

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager
Message 4 of 9
adbryson

Thanks @kimberly.fuhrman , do you need another example file? 

Message 5 of 9
kimberly.fuhrman

@adbryson I've reached out to the team to let them know you're willing to provide files. They may reach out to you directly.

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager
Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

If the dev has admitted it is a known issue (yes it happens in every file) then what is a sample file for?

Message 7 of 9
adbryson

@ToanDN 
It is not occurring in every schedule view, so it might be helpful for them to get a file with a schedule that has the issue.

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN

@adbryson wrote:

@ToanDN 
It is not occurring in every schedule view, so it might be helpful for them to get a file with a schedule that has the issue.

Interesting.  Your 1st post doesn't emphasize it only happens on certain schedule views (it happens on every schedule here).  And I would be surprise if the dev admitting it is a bug if it does not happen on every schedule view. 

Nonetheless, hope you get a proper answer from them.

Message 9 of 9
jonathan_larson

I've noticed the same errant cursor behavior when editing Load Names of electrical circuits in the property browser. Is that also a known issue?

Edit: sorry, just noticed I'm on the Revit Architecture forum. I'll see if anyone has posted a similar bug in the MEP forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report