Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix bug where txt from linked DWGs does not PDF fully, please!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tim.mitchellFC9GF
454 Views, 5 Replies

Fix bug where txt from linked DWGs does not PDF fully, please!

Text from linked file DWGs does not print fully when PDF'd. The text sometimes shows only part of the word for instance.

Apparently you must have text within DWGs in Simplex (I believe) but this is not feasible on large projects with 3rd party incoming data.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Possible work-around for you:

There's a plain text file named shxfontmap.txt that can translate an AutoCAD font into a font Revit can use
The seed file is in UserDataCache, but the one your current Revit version uses would be in
%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 202#
It's a simple file. Just one line with two fields: The name of the CAD font, a Tab and the name of the Revit (technically Windows) font you want to replace it with:

Romans.shx Arial Narrow
Simplex.shx Comic Sans
Txt.shx Arial

Message 3 of 6

Hi, @tim.mitchellFC9GF ,

What version of Revit are you using? This was a known issue that was resolved in Revit 2022.

[163424]

-Kimberly

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager
Message 4 of 6

@dplumb_BWBR  - Interesting stuff, will try it in pre-2022 versions and see what happens. Thanks!

@kimberly.fuhrman - Good to know that the new Revit has sorted this. Time to update it seems. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6

@tim.mitchellFC9GF  Let me know if @dplumb_BWBR 's fix works for you. I'm going to move this over to the forums if you would like to continue the conversation.

-Kimberly

Kimberly Fuhrman-Jones
Revit Community Manager
Message 6 of 6

what is the Font you are using in AutoCAD? Use TTF (True Type Fonts) in AutoCAD, SHX fonts historically do not translate well into Revit. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report