Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet Arc tool issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mornay
947 Views, 6 Replies

Fillet Arc tool issues

I have a few issues with the Fillet Arc tool.  Some come from previous versions but with 2023 there is a new issue.

When I try to add a Fillet Arc between two other arc lines, all the lines moves from it's original positions.  If I want to change the diameter of the fillet arc, you get an error "Can't keep elements joined." and it breaks all connections between the fillet arc and the other lines when there are other straight lines connected to the original arcs.  Therefore, when I need to construct an arc between 2 other arcs I have to do it manually as you would do on a drawing board by construction everything with 'temporary lines'.  One cannot simply use the Fillet Arc tool anymore. The tool only works with straight lines now.  Even with straight lines there are issues in some situations when changing the diameter of the fillet arc as it sometimes also breaks the tangent relation between the arc and the lines.  Not sure what triggers the error as it only happen in some situations while I work. and when I want to recreate it later to report the issue, it suddenly works like it should.   It would also be nice if one could specify the arc radius when creating a fillet arc just like a circle.  That will help a lot.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: mornay

No issues here.  Reveal Constraints and see if anything suspicious.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/cdc600ca-8722-408e-8c48-a5378ef327be

Message 3 of 7
barthbradley

Not replicable on my end.  Post your file and let us test it. 

...yours is acting like Keep Concentric is on, but it isn't as far I can see.  Keep Concentric breaks here and throws same error as yours.  

Message 4 of 7
mornay

I have included the file.  Only the line lines in question to make the file smaller.

The weird thing is that when I copy and paste the same lines and place them horizontal, the issue does not occur.

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN

I see the same issue now.  I am sure you know how to work around it but just in case, do it in non-vertical orientation, create a group, place group then rotate.

Message 6 of 7
mornay
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes thank you,

I have my own work around and it probably sounds stupid, but it is quite annoying when you are in the middle of a larger drawing and this occur and suddenly moves some of your other lines around.  It screws with your workflow.

But thank you for your response.  Maybe there will be a hotfix later.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

Thanks a lot, @mornay! This dang thing drove me crazy nuts for 20 minutes! I think it was snuck into the release by a disgruntled programmer. he, he. You ought to submit it to Autodesk. They may not be aware of it yet.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report