Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Regions not printing filled

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1846 Views, 4 Replies

Filled Regions not printing filled

Hello everyone,

I am a long-time Revit user, but have come across an issue which I can't figure out. It involves printing 2D elements (blah!)

Using Revit 2015

Update Release 9

20150704_0715(x64)
Printing with

PDF X-Change Printer 2012

5.5 Build 313.1

Windows 7 Pro x34 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

I have a host file.

In my host file I have a wall-hosted recess.

In my wall-hosted recess family, I have a filled regions.

When I print a PDF file of just the host file, the filled regions print...filled.

(See GOOD.png)

I have a linked revit file.

When I print the same view with detail elements turned on in the linked file, all print regions disappear.

Including the wall-hosted recess family which lives in the host file.

(See NOT_GOOD.png)

Has anyone had this problem?

Does anyone have a solution?

Maybe it has something to do with my PDF Driver?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
angelica.rodriguez.3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Try printing using raster processing. For some reason filled regions and elements in grey sometimes don't show properly in vector.

Let us know if it works.

Message 3 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

It is a PDF driver issue as I have seen this occur on one station with one driver and the same file on another station with a different PDF converter seemed to work fine. Similar to the issue with non rectangular/segmental filled regions; on some PDF converters work fine and on others not. It seems to have something to do with the way some of those drivers communicate with Revit and how they interpret/prioritize the placement order of elements in a file/model.

It could be other reasons too but I know that the following work for some...maybe it works for you too

Possible solutions:

1. Are the common edges of the filled regions locked to the edges of the walls/recesses (if not try to align&lock) and try to print again.
  2. If they are locked already; select and on the Modify|Detail item >> Bring to Front then try print again
  3. Try to print from a station with a different configuration/driver

Detail Item Print.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: angelica.rodriguez.3d

Sorry Angelica, but vector PDFs are a necessity. The zoomed image quality is just not good enough with raster printing.

(File-Size is also much better with PDF, packages can still be e-mailed.)

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Ay U,

I will have to try printing from another station.

Everything else has already been tried. (When something doesn't work, I fiddle with it until I can't get it to. That's what brought me to you. ,)

I downloaded a trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro, but it didn't work.

Cheers,

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report