Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill over vertical cut

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
salmanjavaid2000
334 Views, 5 Replies

Fill over vertical cut

Hi guys

I have calculated the value of the cut for footings. Now I want to see the volume of backfill over the footings. How can I achieve this? I have calculated cut using Building pads and phases.

salmanjavaid2000_0-1631179694218.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: salmanjavaid2000

@salmanjavaid2000 

Are you 2 working together with @amarkonathala ? https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/excavation-volume/td-p/10605194 

Anyways, you have 2 Options:

Option 1:

1. Extract the volume of the Column and the Foundation 
  2. Write the values from step 1 to a scheduled project parameter (Category Topography)
  3. Create a calculated value = Excavated - Volume Column - Volume Foundation 

Option 2: Create a graph in Dynamo that gets the geometry of column and foundation, creates a solid from both, transforms toposurface to a thickened solid and splits both solids giving you the amount of backfil on top of the foundation less the columns...which is something similar to what @amarkonathala posted on the above link

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 6
amarkonathala
in reply to: RDAOU

Nope,

Still I am trying to find out the dynamo graph for that, if you have any script can you share @RDAOU 

Thank you!!

Message 4 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: amarkonathala

@amarkonathala 

I do but I am sorry I cannot help you with that 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: salmanjavaid2000

Do you need to show the actual backfilling in the model or do you just need to get the volume?

Message 6 of 6
salmanjavaid2000
in reply to: ToanDN

I just want the volume

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report