Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File failed to open with Revit 2022 Hotfix 3 from AutoDesk Docs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ahunkeler
340 Views, 4 Replies

File failed to open with Revit 2022 Hotfix 3 from AutoDesk Docs

Dear all,

I have an issue about Revit 2022 : when an employee tried to open a file from AutoDesk Docs, the error message "Failed o open the document" is displayed. AutoDesk Desktop Connector is used. The other users do not have this issue.

I updated Revit 2022 with Hotfix 3 and AutoDesk Desktop Connector was reinstalled to the last version. Nothing relevant in the AutoDesk logs. In the AutoDesk Desktop Connector events, some logs said that local files (maybe linked files) cannot be opened because the access is refused.

When I tried to open a file from the home window of Revit, it can open, but with errors (linked files)

When I tried to open a file from Windows Explorer, I have the message "Your file needs to be upgraded from Revit 2009 to Revit 2022", but it does not work (the file cannot be opened properly).

Any ideas please? It is very urgent.

Best regards.

Antoine H., Switzerland

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: ahunkeler
Message 3 of 5
RobDraw

@ahunkeler wrote:

When I tried to open a file from Windows Explorer,

This is not recommended.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

It appears Desktop Connector did not download the file properly.

Use the Free up Space feature to clear out the local cache:

• This feature can be used at the account, project, project folder, or individual file level. 
  • Using the feature on the account level will likely clear much disk space; using the feature on an individual file will only clear the individual files.
  • Right click on the corresponding level in the Autodesk Docs Drive in Windows Explorer and select "Free up Space" and the local disk space will be released immediately.
  • Files from Autodesk Docs will be downloaded again "on demand" as soon as you open them.
Message 5 of 5
ahunkeler

Dear all,

Thank you for your answers, all working now.

The user opened the file in a different way not from the Windows Explorer neither from the Revit menu "File" --> "Open...", but from the "open file" menu on the main page of Revit).

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards.

Antoine H., Switzerland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report