Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly option for site family not available

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
scottbaldy
772 Views, 8 Replies

Assembly option for site family not available

I have a very basic site family (Shop_Box.rfa) which is a simple extrusion (cube).  When the object is selected, Revit 2021 will not give me the option to create an assembly.  There could be several reasons but I cannot figure this out.  Here are some ideas as to why I cannot create the assembly:

1 - Revit will not allow site elements as part of an assembly?

2 - The site family is very small (1"x1"x1").  Is there a minimum size limitation?  I did create an assembly for a 1"x1" wood beam 1" long.

3 - This site family is only visible in course view?  I did create the wood beam assembly in course view, but this wood family was not only visible in course view.

I cannot figure this out.  If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

The site family is attached.

Thanks

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: scottbaldy

Change the Category. Use Generic Model.  

...to do that, open the Family and do this: 

Change the Category.png

...to make visible in Medium and Fine Views, edit the Visibility Settings of the object.

Visibilty Settings.png

Message 3 of 9
scottbaldy

I want to keep the family in the site category.   I also do not want this visible in the Medium and Fine Detail Levels.  Autodesk documentation does not suggest that there is any correlation between the Site category and Assemblies.

AssemblyDoc.png

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

That list doesn't really have anything to do with your question, which is how to put a Loadable Site Family into an Assembly. Apparently, you cannot.  

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

There is a way but what are you doing it for?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

are you thinking sharing and nesting the site family into a family that can be put into an assembly?   

Message 7 of 9
RDAOU

@scottbaldy 

The article does not refer to Categories, to be specific, it reads "Most Model Elements" and the list given thereunder is non-exhaustive lots of other elements are not listed... Toposurface/Topography for instance is not listed yet you cannot add Toposurface to an assembly....same applies to building pads and several other element types. 

Maybe for whatever you are doing, the Category Entourage is a more suitable option. this category is mostly used for elements related to site development/site furniture and the like. It can be assembled and it hosts on the site/toposurface

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 8 of 9
scottbaldy
in reply to: RDAOU

I concur that it says most elements, however, it appears to be the category that is the issue. The same simple extrusion in other categories (Generic Models and Entourage) works just fine.

Anyway, I think we have answered the question. You cannot create Assemblies with anything in the Site category.

Thank you for the responses.
Message 9 of 9
meatesm827

I know the error message is common and there are plenty of questions on SO about this error, but no solutions have helped me so far, so I decided to ask the question. Difference to most of similar questions is me using App_Code directory.

Error message:

CS0012: The type 'Project.Rights.Operations Provider' is defined in an
assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly
'Project.Rights, version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, Public Key Token=null'.

Source File:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test\Website [curiositypetshop.com] \App_Code\Company\Project\Business Logic\Manager.cs

Following suggestions here and here, I have deleted all instances of Project.Rights.dll inside C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET/*.* According to this, I checked if .cs files in question have build action set to "Compile". They do. I have also double checked that the .cs file containing the "Project.Rights.Operations Provider" type is deployed to App_Code directory.

For some reason, application is not looking for the type in the App_Code directory. Since I've deleted all instances of Project.Rights.dll (that I know of), I don't know which assembly the error message is mentioning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators