Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5164 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Error

I have a problem that when I change any wall type or thickness the revit crash and submit a fatal error for me, can you please help me

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, there a lot of things you have to be considered when you experienced this.
1) enough spaced on your harddisk
2) at least you have 16gb of ram
3) your graphics card at least certified by Autodesk if not untick use hardware acceleration from options > graphics
4) install latest updates and hot fixes from Autodesk
5) install latest graphics card driver
6) audit and purge revit model
7) remove revit model warnings
8) check and audit link file's
Etc, etc....

Hope it helps . Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Dear Ennujozlagam, I met all your points and I everything is perfect, did you open the file and tried to change wall thicknesses? 

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas

I had a look at your project. There are errors in the file. If I try to open it in Revit 2016 I get this message:

Error.png

It is best to first secure (backup) the files you have now.

Then it is best to go back to one of your backup files. Otherwise do as the error message states. Open your project with "Audit" selected.

It is possible that you will loose some information/families because they became corrupt.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
ennujozlagam

Hi, Sorry I'm not in my workstation now. Just follow Enlint suggestion. Thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report