Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Type Parameter to Shared Parameter

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jessem5CN9L
457 Views, 4 Replies

Family Type Parameter to Shared Parameter

Hi! We recently had one of our intern engineers work on a sink family. He did an amazing job, nesting multiple types of sinks and faucet types into the family to be chosen by a pull-down menu. 

jessem5CN9L_0-1692791680987.png

However, now we want these parameters to be schedule-able. I tried creating a separate parameter that just report out what type of basin or faucet we're using, but no luck. 

Looking for suggestions. How can I get these family type parameters to report into a schedule?

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Simon_Weel
in reply to: jessem5CN9L

Create a Shared Parameter with the same properties as the Family Parameter. Open the Family, select the Parameter to change, mark it as Shared Parameter, select the Shared Parameter you just made. Done.

Message 3 of 5
jessem5CN9L

Will we need to remap all the family types? Meaning, he's created a bunch of types, and for each type he's got the correct basin. Will we need to redo this work?

Message 4 of 5
Simon_Weel

Seems like the parameter values don't change, so there should be no problem. Give it a try and you'll notice right away?

Message 5 of 5
jessem5CN9L
in reply to: Simon_Weel

That worked! Was almost too easy, makes me nervous... But that's how you can tell you've worked with Revit long enough, where you get nervous when things work out so easily 😅

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report