Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Extrusion Sliders

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
thefoltyn
1174 Views, 9 Replies

Family Extrusion Sliders

Hello there,

I have modelled two families which are simple extrusions, I can control their hight by typing the dimension in the properties table. However one of these families, which I created based on the first one, have the sliders visible in the views which allows me to easily adjust the height of the element. My question is what determines whether the sliders are visible in the views when the family is loaded in the project?

thefoltyn_0-1619516273176.png thefoltyn_1-1619516282866.png

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ennujozlagam
in reply to: thefoltyn

edit the family and set the visibility setting. thanks

vdd.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 10
thefoltyn

Well, the visibility settings are the same in both families. I want to see the sliders that allow the change of the extrusion length when family is loaded into the project.

Message 4 of 10
ennujozlagam

then you need to add length parameters in the family itself. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 10
thefoltyn

I have the length parameter in both families, I think the case might be that in one family, where the sliders are not visible the length parameter is a shared parameter. Is it possible to have these sliders in case of shared parameter?

Message 6 of 10
cbcarch

Check and see if the Reference Planes that control the Height Parameter in the family are set to "Strong Reference"--that should enable the "grips" or "sliders" once the family is loaded into your project.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 7 of 10
thefoltyn

Thanks for the replays, but it is still not this, in the one with the working grips, both reference planes are set to Weak. 

Message 8 of 10
cbcarch

The Height Parameters under Dimensions appear to be different in each example you posted. Try using the same one in the family where the sliders are not visible.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 9 of 10
andre.micka

The sliders appears with planes in 2D.

If you use reference lines the sliders appears in 2D and 3D

You must create planes and reference lines in you family and lock your model to its

Message 10 of 10
barthbradley

Is the Parameter controlling the Height an Instance Parameter? Is the Labeled Dimension pulled between Ref. Planes and the Extrusion ends Aligned/Locked to those two Ref. Planes?  

FWIW: those "sliders" are called "Shape Handles" in Revit.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report