Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families troubles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kd0afk
310 Views, 1 Reply

Families troubles

I downloaded a bunch of families from one of the autocad content sites (can't remember which) and unzipped them. They were furniture, fixtures, cars, and other things that aren't included with Revit out of the box. They were broken down into folders with names like furniture, Fixtures etc. and in the folders were files. I did what anyone would do and I put the furniture in the furniture file into the same named folder in revit. I did this for all of the content. Now when I try to bring in some of the content I get "wrong families" errors. How do I know if content is in the wrong family, and how do I fix things so everything is in the correct family?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: kd0afk

Open one of the families in Revit, such as a Furniture family, and check to see if is is set to the correct Category.

see attached.

Be very careful when downloading external Revit content from unconfirmed sources. Some families can be corrupt,

constructed poorly, or contain too many constraints and parameters which will adversely affect your Revit Project

when loaded.

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report