Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face based void family will not cut one side

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmartin
351 Views, 4 Replies

Face based void family will not cut one side

So this has been bugging me for awhile. Revit will not place a nested void face based family on one of the 6 sides of a host family. The work around is to just create and constrain the void within the hosting family but this is more annoying than I can put into words. Any reason for this? I'm on LT 2023 atm but I think I tested in other versions with the same result. Attached sample family. Seems to work fine in project environment using a floor as host. didn't try other hosts.

jmartin_0-1706387389248.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: jmartin

Mirror the Top one in Elevation.  Easy peasy. 

Cut Bottom.png

Cut Bottom2.png

Message 3 of 5
linkboy

Move the face of the family host geometry up not align with ref. level; don't break the constrain. You can put the family to 6 sides with no issue, except the bottom one need a flip.

flip.png

Message 4 of 5
jmartin

That is so bizarre. So long as that reference plane is 1/128" above the ref level it works. if its even or 1/256" it breaks. Thanks for the tweak. puts my mind at ease, but still seems like a bug. 

Message 5 of 5
jmartin
in reply to: barthbradley

thanks. this works too so long as there is an opposing face to mirror from. I did discover that after awhile. but really wanted to know if there was something in the family going on. It does seem related to the sketch place of the host object but that's about as far as I got.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report