Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend base of Mass

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
483 Views, 8 Replies

Extend base of Mass

Hi,

How do I extend base of mass? Pls see screencast

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

no screencast
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Message 4 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

If you pull that shape handle ag the bottom of the mass when u select it, it would or should stretch down however it may and most likely not preserve its proportions.

1. is it an imported mass or you created it?
  2. you might also want to select/edit the mass and host the lower profile in the lower lever 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Radaou,

If I pull handle downwards, becames out of shape which is not what I want.

Is there a way to extend downwards ie becomes bigger base.

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I created new mass.

Message 7 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Radaou,

If I pull handle downwards, becames out of shape which is not what I want.

Is there a way to extend downwards ie becomes bigger base.

Thanks

🙂 so I've said; it won't maintain proportions. In such case you re-host the lower profile on the lower level or plane 

best at would be to work with named reference planes onto which you host the upper and lower profiles (not the levels)...this way you can control the height of the mass with a parameter irrespective of the levels/floors

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Hi Radaou,

You mean to draw the new extended based shape? I was hoping to have shortcut.

base.png

Message 9 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

No I meant to have the mass constructed differently (1 mass not 2 masses)...By having the Upper and lower profiles hosted on ref planes and ref lines (splines through points)

As you have said it's not the easy shortcut/way you have been hoping for 🙂 deleting the old mass and making a new one might be one solution if one doesn't want to go through the above

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report