Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explaine simply "Relinquish all mine, Borrowed Elements, and Checked Out" terminologies

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sameerkhankhattak
564 Views, 1 Reply

Explaine simply "Relinquish all mine, Borrowed Elements, and Checked Out" terminologies

Hi everyone,

I am learning the work-sharing environment of Revit through LAN and WAN recently. I am not getting what exactly do the terminologies/phrases/commands do  which I mentioned in the title. Can someone explain it in the simplest terms and maybe with an example or refer me to some youtube video or an article which explains them best. Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RDAOU
in reply to: sameerkhankhattak

@sameerkhankhattak 

Very simple...

• Step 1: imagine all elements are like books in a library.
  • Step 2: When you want to read a book, you borrow it or check it out. (in a library you would go to the librarian, in Revit you click on the Workshare symbol which make the element editable
  • Step 3: Once done reading the book, you return it so that others can also read it sometime (That would be when you relinquish all mine)

See this Youtube...it is a 1 hour video and from the outline it seems to cover all related to Worksharing, Central Model and Local Models  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijl37pA7ITg

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report