Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything always editable

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tessilly85
251 Views, 8 Replies

Everything always editable

Is there a way to setup a revit file so that there is no uneditable? So that everything can be always edited without reliquishing or changing user ownership? If you worked in a quick pace atmosphere with a lot of back and forth and none of the people want to mess with any of that. 

I should say that we work in vault and can only save in our vault specified location.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: tessilly85

Open Detached from Central and Relinquished Worksets.

Message 3 of 9
tessilly85

I guess I should say I am going through vault as well. I am new to vault and not sure how everything effects everything.

Message 4 of 9
tessilly85

Our files need to be saved in a certain location and needs to be the central file since it is checked out of vault and can only be saved in one location. I wasn't sure what the best way to go about it.

Message 5 of 9
tessilly85
in reply to: barthbradley

How does that work with Vault and having a specified save location and needing to have a central file in use though?

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

I'm not following, @tessilly85. Maybe my bad. Aren't you saying that you want to work on the project outside of the workshared environment?  If so, it needs to be "detached" from that environment.  

Detach1118.png

Open a Workshared Project Independent of the Central Model | Revit 2016 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

What if two or ten people edit the same wall at the same time?

Message 8 of 9
tessilly85
in reply to: ToanDN

We are a small group and don't care who edits what. We work fast and want to work in the central file all together, we aren't really supposed to save anywhere else for security reasons. Is there a way to just turn off all the restrictions and let us pass the model around?

Message 9 of 9
barthbradley

If you are just going to "pass" it around - "it" being the Project - why put it in a worksharing environment at all?  Why not just put the one Project in a central location that everybody can access?     

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators