Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encountered a sharing violation error message

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4799 Views, 8 Replies

Encountered a sharing violation error message

Our office has been getting error messages stating "Encountered a sharing  violation" followed by "File not Saved" when trying to synchronize. It is happening on multiple computers and multiple projects.  After a few attempts to synchronize it usually saves, but we have not had this problem in the past.  I have read some blogs that suggest that it is a firewall problem, but our IT company said they have not changed anything.  Any ideas on how to solve this problem?  

- Revit 2017 - Server Based; mixture of Windows 7 and 10 computers

Capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
andybrack
in reply to: Anonymous

Same has happened at my firm. Haven't been able to figure out the cause yet.  If you find anything out, please post any thoughts you may have.

-Andy

Message 3 of 9
jade.l

The message shows the temp folder is accessed by other applications, maybe anti-virus software, which blocking Revit to access it. It makes the sync failed. 

jade.l

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

We have been having the same issue as well.  Started about a month ago.  Numerous users, different projects, different platforms, every day.  We disabled the anti-virus and firewall restrictions and still have the same issues.  We have contacted Autodesk and have not received any direction yet.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jade.l

@jade.l wrote:

The message shows the temp folder is accessed by other applications, maybe anti-virus software, which blocking Revit to access it. It makes the sync failed. 

This does not fix the issue.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I have been talking with the Autodesk Support and our IT company trying to get to the bottom of this. They believe the problem is coming from a silent update from the antivirus software we use (Trend Micro). They said that they have been having an increase in complaints about sharing violation errors. Autodesk suggested that we add an exception list to our antivirus: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Are-th...

While it did not completely fix the problem, it does seem to have helped with the frequency of the error messages.  I am still working on finding a better solution and will keep you updated. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I came across an article that had another potential fix to the sharing violation errors this morning. I had our IT company modify the Behaviour Monitoring settings in our Trend Micro this afternoon. So far so good with no sharing violations - I am really hoping this is the final piece: Exceptions list + Behaviour Monitoring modifications. 

Link to the article:  https://medium.com/@NickFoden/trend-micro-blocking-autodesk-newforma-c412aaa1e696

Message 8 of 9
fletcherana88

Try using longpath tool, it has solved my problem.

Message 9 of 9

You can try longpath tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report