Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty system panel download

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
9812 Views, 16 Replies

Empty system panel download

I require a empty system panel, and it appears this hasn't been available int he library since 2017, would it be possible to get a download or is there a work around? Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
hmunsell
in reply to: Anonymous

what do yo mean by Empty System Panel? 

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2020\Libraries\US Imperial\Electrical\Architectural\Electrical Power\Distribution\Electrical Panel.rfa ?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
barthbradley

It would be impossible for the Empty System Panel to be missing from the Project.  If you are not seeing any TYPES listed under Empty System Panel, right-click on it and press "New Type".

Empty System Panel.png

Message 4 of 17
hmunsell
in reply to: barthbradley

LOL, i was helping someone out earlier with electrical issues so when i saw System Panel my brain automatically thought electrical. didn't even thing Curtain Panel.

🤣

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 17
barthbradley
in reply to: hmunsell

Actually, I'm not so sure I answered the OP's question.  Maybe you're right.   

Message 6 of 17
ennujozlagam

try this edit your system panel family like screenshot below delete the panel and saveas as empty system family and load into your project and see if helps. thanks

wa.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

Sorry I should have made the question a bit clearer. Basically I'm using curtain walling to create a timber screen, so naturally I would just set the curtain panel to empty, however the the revits since 2017 haven't included a system panel - empty they just include a curtain panel - empty system panel. The curtain panel - empty system panel wont work on any other panel shape other than rectangular from experience. this link may explain it better? https://revitforum.org/showthread.php/30744-Empty-System-Panel-is-missing-(Revit-2017)?p=169398

The image below is the timber screen I'm trying to model, and the angle at the top means the panel cannot be empty and is instead either the solid or glazed by default.

Message 8 of 17
bin
Advisor

You can try Beam System

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: bin

Awesome thankyou! Ill give that a go!

Message 10 of 17
bin
Advisor

https://youtu.be/APMlVfRn810

Here's a quick video for you.

Message 11 of 17
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry I should have made the question a bit clearer. Basically I'm using curtain walling to create a timber screen, so naturally I would just set the curtain panel to empty, however the the revits since 2017 haven't included a system panel - empty they just include a curtain panel - empty system panel. The curtain panel - empty system panel wont work on any other panel shape other than rectangular from experience. this link may explain it better? https://revitforum.org/showthread.php/30744-Empty-System-Panel-is-missing-(Revit-2017)?p=169398

The image below is the timber screen I'm trying to model, and the angle at the top means the panel cannot be empty and is instead either the solid or glazed by default.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "empty system panel wont work on any other panel shape other than rectangular from experience."

Empty System Panel 88.png

Message 12 of 17
barthbradley

...here's 96 more for you: 

Empty System Panel 96.png

Message 13 of 17
barthbradley

...if the construction is stick-framed, wouldn't there be blankets between the studs? 

Empty System Panel 2.png

😉

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Hi,

I agree you can make non rectangular panels, but the panels you have shown are glazed, in my experience if you try to change one of those panels to empty (hence empty system panel) it wont work in the non rectangular shapes.

Message 15 of 17
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

...in my experience...

Listen and learn, @Anonymous: those 184 panels shown highlighted (e.g. selected) in Message 11 and 12 are EMPTY SYSTEM PANELS. Look at their Properties.  And, because they are EMPTY SYSTEM PANELS, they cannot possibly be anything other than EMPTY (e.g. zip, nada, zilch). They are only visible in the screenshots because they are selected via "Select All Instances:Visible in View".  The semi-transparent blushish color is the SELECTION color (not "glazing") that is assigned through OPTIONS. 

Options.png 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

This is a link to a video that quickly shows you how to make one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXVvrnjoRU

Message 17 of 17
ToanDN

@Anonymous 

That video you posted is NOT for creating the empty SYSTEM panel (name it Empty System Panel does not make it so), just a loadable empty curtain wall panel.  They are fundamentally different. 

A loadable empty panel family as sbown in that video only works with rectanglinear shapes, where as the Empty System Panel works with any shapes. 

The only way to get the Empty System Panel to a project that does not have one is via Transfer Project Standards from a project/ template as shown earlier in the thread.

We appreciate your attempt to contribute but please be carefully so that you will not be spreading false information for others, especially new users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report