Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty system panel - change back to glazed

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3078 Views, 12 Replies

Empty system panel - change back to glazed

How do I select an empty system panel and change it back to glazed?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

TAB over the edge of the empty panel to select it, then change panel type from properties (or just pin it if you have a specific panel type set as default for the curtain wall type and you want to change back to it).

Annotation 2019-08-09 112354.png

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I have tried tab select and have also tried dragging a box from right to left, and then using the filter. Nada. I can't seem to select the empty panel. It is as if there is nothing there. Is there any other way to reset it? 

Message 4 of 13
ToanDN

Are you sure it is an Empty System Panel and not a panel that has been manually hidden?  Try reveal Hidden elements.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Yes, I have checked that as well 

Message 6 of 13
loboarch

Tab select should get an "empty" panel. Another thing you can try is window select everything there and then use the filter tool to only select system panels. That will get them for sure if they are turned on and there.

2019-08-09_1540_001.png2019-08-09_1540.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 13
bin
Advisor

It might be pinned if it's set t1008201902.PNGo Empty Panel in the Curtain Wall type, make sure that Select Pinned Elements is on.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: bin

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice, however, it simply seems to not be there. I have tried everything in this thread but the panel seems to have vanished :(. It appears the only solution will be to rebuild the wall unfortunately. 

2.JPG

Message 9 of 13
ToanDN

Can you copy paste the curtain wall to a new file and share it?
Message 10 of 13
loboarch

Maybe the panel was just turned off via VG overrides by element? That would make it not selectable. You could use the reveal elements control to see if it shows up as a hidden element.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

attached 

Message 12 of 13
FAIR59

The curtain wall has no Empty system panels. You have placed the Empty curtain panel ( a UserFamily -Curtain Panel ) which contains no geometry, and hence can't be selected.

Edit the family, place Invisible lines on the reference planes. Then you can select the panel. 

EmptyPanel.PNG

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: FAIR59

This is super helpful! Problem solved, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report