Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding curtain wall on edge of exterior wall

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2984 Views, 8 Replies

Embedding curtain wall on edge of exterior wall

Trying to model this building and I want to place the curtain wall on the edge of the wall but its not cutting the wall out if I do it. How can I correct it?

1.png2.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Edit profile of the wall and move the bottom line up to align with the top of the curtain wall.

2. Or change base offset of the wall.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

This is 4 stories so I would end up having multiple exterior walls if I did that. There's no way to adjust the embed cut width?

Message 4 of 9
L.Maas

Few different options

Curtain Wall.png

It is the centerline of the curtain wall that is import (see arrow)

1-Offset all your panels

2-Make it one big curtain wall and embed walls (as panels) inside the curtain wall

3-Just create an opening and place the curtain wall on the right place without embedding

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 9
ToanDN

Actually have you tried using Cut Geometry? I can cut a curtain wall out of a wall even though the curtain wall is offset way out.

Capture.PNG

Toan Nguyen
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Ill try one of these methods. I eneded up making the base the curtain wall then placing the exterior wall location line on the edge and it actually cut the wall out. I then went to my elevation view and copied the windows up to each level.I dont know why it wont cut the same way when the block wall is the base.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Well is works for the most part how can I correct the corners not cutting out?

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 9
L.Maas

Different methods

-Use the Wall Opening tool. You have to use tice on both sides of the corner (top)

-Use an (in-place) void (middle)

-Use the Edit Profile tool on both walls (lower).

(If you 'cut' the whole wall you could also increase the base offset of the wall)

Some give better results. For example this artifact (arrow) resulted from using the wall opening tool.

Holes.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN

In addition to the suggestion above, try cycling through different Wall Joint conditions.  For example, I changed to Miter Joint and wall corner was cut clean.

Capture.PNG

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators