Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation view lighting

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
yes_and_no
202 Views, 5 Replies

Elevation view lighting

Guys, we use this for elevation view, attached. Notice the bottom view has cabinetry much darker, compare to the birch wood finish of the door above.

hnA_121522-001.jpg

• I tried all available options of the view setting, almost no result, to make the bottom view brighter.
  • Attached here you can see I can do that with Photoshop, however, of course.
  • hnA_121522-002.jpg

 So, is there a way to increase brightness in interior space, without placing light fixtures or changing object materials ? Yes, I have Googled this (to some Googleists here), without result.

• Thx.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: yes_and_no

Have you compared the Graphic Display Options of the 2 Views?  

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

Message 4 of 6
mhiserZFHXS

Those don't even look like the same material. The part of the door that's in shadow in the first image looks very different from the cabinetry.

On a separate note, there is an option for consistent color (no shadows) with material textures that's on the public roadmap, so that should be coming soon, though that doesn't help you now.

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

The door panel is partially open so the light hits it at a different angle, hence the less contrasting colors.

Message 6 of 6
yes_and_no
in reply to: barthbradley

I duplicated the view template and making changes. There are a few sliders, light, shadow, env.light and graphic exposure...but none makes the differences, or perhaps so little that my eyes couldn't see.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators