Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation Text Label x3

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
983 Views, 12 Replies

Elevation Text Label x3

In the project I'm working in, all the exterior elevation markers were fine, then one day I came back to the model, and they had labels with the text duplicated three times. How do I get it to go back to normal without completely deleting the elevation views and replacing them? (There is one more "Courtyard" it's just hidden behind the others).

Elevation text Label x3.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Corsten.Au
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

You might have one Elevation , and someone created " Dependent View" creating two more elevations. and placed

them on sheets..

Just move overlapping elevation tag and separate them...

Three Elevation Tag overlapping , and it shows the last one on the top..Three Elevation Tag overlapping , and it shows the last one on the top..Move and separate them..Move and separate them..

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Corsten.Au

I tried moving the elevation marker to see if it was a duplicate, and all three labels moved around. I even tried deleting one of the elevations that had no information in it and then placing a new one and it placed with three labels 

Message 4 of 13
barthbradley

Have you checked the family?  

Message 5 of 13
Corsten.Au

Hi

there are two aspects of that elevation marker..

1. Trigular portaion - actual elevation

2. circle - which holds multiple elevation.. you have to select this and move..

Do't move thisDo't move thisMove this..Move this..

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Corsten.Au

I did try that Ganesh, it didn't appear to work. I checked the family parameters and it seems that a specific type of value in the family causes this issue to occur. I just changed the value to something different and the issue resolved itself. I'll just place text next to the elevation marker to label it. (The value selected in the picture is the one that causes the triple label). Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help 🙂

Elevation Type.JPG

Message 7 of 13
barthbradley

I think what's going on is that someone was trying to make some sort of hybrid marker. "Elevation Marker Circle - Upgrade" is not an OOTB Marker.  Love to see the family if you care to post it.  Thanks. 

Cheers

Message 8 of 13
ToanDN

Looks like the label in the family got 2x 3x of the same fields.
Message 9 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

...and a whole bunch of visibility parameters. I'm trying to understand why though. To what end? Got any guesses?  

...I betcha the aim was to build in different font sizes.

...or different Fonts.    

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I'm a student and our teacher gave us a an architectural template with a large majority of the elements pre-made and placed such as the building and the elevation markers. I tried to access the family by simply double clicking the circle (not the arrow) and nothing happened. I'm wondering if the project creator could have restricted access to the family. Would there be another way to access the it? I have only been using Revit for three years so I'm not quite sure if there are other ways to accomplish this. I'd be happy to post it if I can find out. 

Message 11 of 13
barthbradley

You can select the family in the Project Browser, right-click on it and select "Edit". That will open the Family.  

...How you liking Revit so far? 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I really like it for the rendering capabilities, however at my school, there isn't really anyone on campus who is an expert in the program. So a lot of the time, I have questions about how to use the program, and no one can really answer them, it's quite an issue in our program. I end up doing a lot of research on my own time. So I made the elevation marker editable and I still cant access it, the only thing I can view are the family parameters. Any other suggestions?

EM Parameters.JPG

Message 13 of 13
barthbradley

PB2Edit.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report