Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elevation presentations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1122 Views, 6 Replies

Elevation presentations

Hello everyone,

Do anyone have some tips and tricks, and maybe some examples, on how to make decent presentations of elevations and sections in Revit? Is the way to use the realistic options, or is this also possible in Shaded mode? 

I want to show plants, people, cars etc. It don't have to be very realistic, but it need to be in colors and look good ๐Ÿ™‚

Best reagards

Marius

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no 'way'. You will have to develop your own style. See what works for you and your clients. If you do an image search on google for Revit elevations you will get plenty of results. You will see that it varies form linework, hidden line to realistic and even rendered.

You have to take into account for who you are making the drawings. Is it for the buidling contractor or as a presentation to the management of the client.

Different people require different information.

If you have decided on a style you will have to get/create the right families, assign materials to your families, set up lighting, background, shadows and so on.

It will be a process of trial and error. Experiment, study and see what you like. Practice, practice, practice.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

I understand what you mean, but it would be great to share some thoughts and ideas on how to make good presentations in Revit. Revit is an excellent program to make working drawings, but I think it misses a bit when it comes to presentations...

Marius

Message 4 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi

Please go to the link below :

Autodeskยฎ Revitยฎ for Presentations: Graphics That โ€œPopโ€

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Thanks a lot! Just what I was looking for ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 7
chrisplyler

I fiddled around and came up with this sort of style for presentation and I really like it. You can add trees and people or whatever. It's very simple, works on our black-ink-only printer, but still pops a bit. It's just a matter of interesting shading, contrast and perspective.

blackcut.jpg

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

By the way..

Is there anyone who know where I can find 2D peoples and trees which looks great? For examples people silhouettes in black or white? It could just be in 2D, so you can easily add them to an elevation view.

Marius

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report