Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Dome Design

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
brianwclayton1969
235 Views, 4 Replies

Edit Dome Design

Good afternoon I'm in need of assistance on how to edit dome design. I created a dome using the revolve command it worked great, I was able to make it a half dome, My need it to carve out parts of it for a special design can anyone give assistance on the best way to accomplish this. 
See the attach jpeg for example on what I shooting for.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: brianwclayton1969

Cut it with a void within the dome family, or cut it with a solid mass directly in the project.

Message 3 of 5
brianwclayton1969
in reply to: ToanDN

ToanDN,

I created as a revolve, which gave me the axis as center to rotate 180, so I didn't get the option to cut it with a void, was there an easier way to make a dome or create a 1/4 dome, then how I created it?

I need it to be on ground level.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: brianwclayton1969

@brianwclayton1969 wrote:

ToanDN,

I created as a revolve, which gave me the axis as center to rotate 180, so I didn't get the option to cut it with a void, was there an easier way to make a dome or create a 1/4 dome, then how I created it?

I need it to be on ground level.

Thanks

You can just select the finished revolve and change the angle directly.

Message 5 of 5
brianwclayton1969
in reply to: ToanDN

ToanDN,

Is there anyway you could contact me and we can go over this. It would really be helpful.

I appreciate it.

Thanks Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators