Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a Curtain Wall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kristian.pal86
433 Views, 2 Replies

Edit a Curtain Wall

Hello all

This may be a newbie question but I have a custom made revit family which is curtain wall. It is implemented into my project and saved in the model itself.  I would now like to find a way to edit that curtain wall by somehow saving it from the revit project into a separate file where I can edit it, then re-import it into the model. Is there such a way to do this? I have searched google but have yet to find anything. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

kp86

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Has the curtain wall been created with the curtain wall tool? If so just edit it inside the project, you don't want to get into thinking you need elements in isolation just to edit them.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 3 of 3

You clan select the curtain wall and use the isolate tool to hide everything else. The isolate tool is the little sunglasses icon along the bottom of your view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators