Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamo Script Transaction Error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lvaselaarR6CC2
236 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamo Script Transaction Error

I am working on a script that is attempting to pull the value of the Keynote parameter from a list of Family Documents. I can get the parameter for the fist item in the list but I get a transaction error and null values for the rest of the items. do I need to use start and end transaction nodes somewhere in the script? if so where?  here is the section of the script that I am having the issue with: 

lvaselaarR6CC2_0-1719869785623.png

any help would be fantastic. 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

you should not need to run a transaction here

I am not able to replicate your error with any out-of-the-box family that I have used to test it.

have you reviewed your RFA family to make sure there’s no issues with it? Are you able to use out of the box RFA families and this process works?

Marcello Sgambelluri

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

You can best ask this on the Dynamo forum (or Revit API)

From what I know, (search the Revit API), you need at least one type defined in the Family editor and a type needs to be active to get a family parameter value.

I see a FamilyDocument.Types node, so that would iterate the types, and could be it will not check if a type exists and some exception happens when no type is found, which causes the transaction to quit and the next item in the list calls a sub transaction but there's no longer a transaction active.....and then a popup occurs but it's not actually the actual issue.

@msgambelluri, I think it does need a transaction to switch types in a familydocument, that's prob. all handled inside the node, and the no-types causes the issue.

Message 4 of 4
azad.Nanva
in reply to: lvaselaarR6CC2

This is not clear, if i see the all of node or what is your purpose may be i can help? the normal i don't use the Dynamo , I work with Script and that is so so easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators