Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWFx export not working properly

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3962 Views, 9 Replies

DWFx export not working properly

I'm using Revit 2018.3 and I'm having major problems with dwfx export.

- 1st, I can only get the export to use the sheet size defined by me if I export a layout. I try to export the view (any view), and it always export the bottom left side of the view with the right scale but on a A4 sheet size (or something close to that).

- 2nd, I have a view with a dwg link and the link is not exporting correctly. Only the text show up, all the lines are missing and most of the hatches (the is one appearing as total solid). The thing is if I print to pdf everything is ok.

I have another view with the same dwg link (with some layers turned off) and it works fine. I try to recreate the maybe corrupt view and the problem is still there. I tryed to hide the hatches layer, and the problem persist. I'm out of ideas and I have no way to export this layout to dwfx correctly. I need it for licencing the project - please HEPL!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to DWF Export settings and choose a Print Setup that works for the view to be exported.  The best way is to setup a print setup and save it with a name so you can pick.

Annotation 2019-04-02 123711.png

Message 3 of 10
Viveka_CD

@Anonymous 

A file, screenshot of your settings and screencast will help understand the issue you are experiencing and the community can offer further feedback.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hello, and thank you for your answer. I will address all the questions in this same message.

1st: @ToanDN about the print setup, I already use that methodology, and I make sure to check each time I print/export (and select it again) because Revit has the lame bug of "forgetting" the sheet size of the saved print setup. I select the same print setup (again) and he updates to the specified sheet size I've saved. Don't ask me why Revit has this behaviour... Is very time consuming with no need at all. - Anyway, using the same print setup for the sheet and the view in that sheet gets me different results - the view get's exported in something like an A4 landscape.

2nd: I can't share the file to the web. I was able to discover and solve the problem with the autocad link (I will explain in the next point). I only need to solve the view sheet size problem now, and I was wondering if anyone has seen the same behaviour.

3rd: So the dwg link problem was due to some text. After some major testing (the link had a lot of layers) I was able to pinpoint the layer (and then the objects) that were preventing the correct export of the lines and hatches of the other layers. The problematic layer had just 5 text objects with what I think was a normal font. This same font was used for other annotations in other layers without any problem. Anyway, I changed the text style for the problematic layer text object to Arial and it solved the problem... - Now why do we have to spend so much time to solve something that shouldn't be a problem is out of my reach. I hope this will help someone with the same problem though get to the solution faster.

Message 5 of 10
ToanDN

You cannot use a print setup for sheet to print or dwf export a view. The only way to print a view properly is scale to fit so that you need to create a dedicated print setup for view.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello @ToanDN, you got me really confused here now...

So to print/export a view we need to always scale to fit??? 

I went on to try different print setup export options and the result is always the exact same with your exception: with a sheet size defined and scale to fit it print the correct sheet size, but not the scale I want... creating a specific sheet size with the exact dimensions of the view is too dam stupid (and using defined sheet size doesn't work ether). I tried the specifications I wanted (as in the print setup I use for the sheet) and: it worked??! So it's like he remembered how to work properly and is working fine now?

Is this how the program is suppose to behave???

Anyway, I'm glad is working now, and I will try to remember your workaround solution for this - hopefully it will keep working if this problem surfaces again... Thank you a lot for your help Toan, you are the best help in this Forum (if there is an award, I will vote for you!)

Message 7 of 10
ToanDN

I just did a test and the 11x17 page size under print settings sticks when I export a view to DWFx.

Annotation 2019-04-03 102535.pngAnnotation 2019-04-03 102716.png

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

sherycas_0-1598498869998.png

hi, 

i was having the same problem with my DWF export from revit 2018. some elements are missing. i would like to know how did you pin point the problematic layer in the DWG CAD link?

here's what it looks like. yellow dash lines are the CAD link. magenta are the elements in revit.

sherycas_1-1598499117813.png

Message 9 of 10
NamritaChowdhry

Hi Shery
Just change the print set up as per the pic & use hardware acceleration via Options

NamritaChowdhry_0-1598614045814.png

Hope this solves the issue!!

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

@Anonymous , I just deleted half the layers of the liked file and reload. If the problem persiste, I would delete half of those remaining, if not, I would go back and just leave the other half. Do that until you find the problematic layer and then the problematic objects...

Also Try to see if your symbol is made of dashed lines (or any non continue line type) ether in the CAD or in REVIT.

Hope you are able to solve it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report