Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download "Unable to Save"

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
463 Views, 7 Replies

Download "Unable to Save"

When I click on the download link for Revit LT 64, I  am prompted to save the .exe file.  However, when I attempt to save the file.  It says unable to save, try another location.  I've tried everything deleting cookies, switching browsers and had no luck.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
George-Roberts
in reply to: Anonymous

might be a stupid question, but did you try saving it to a different location?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: George-Roberts

Yes, I've tried multiple locations.  I've tried shutting down the computer, restarting.  All possible easy fixes.

I was chatting with an Autodesk Rep on Friday.  She sent me a new download link for Autocad and that one worked immediately.  Then when I asked for the Revit link, she dissapeared.

Message 4 of 8
George-Roberts

Where are you downloading this from now?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: George-Roberts

I'm looking up "my orders" under the Autodesk website.  It then gives me a "downloads" link.  That then takes me to a new download page, with downloads links for the installation files.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I've seached this issue on the autodesk forums and it seems pretty common.  In all cases, they just provide people with a new download link that works.  So, I am hoping, an Autodesk employee will see this post and respond.

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

Try downloading from here
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/virtual-...
Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue

Its under Revit Products

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren.  I actually, just stumbled across the Virtual Agent through someone else's, sort of unrelated, post.  And it worked!

I'm just amazed with Autodesk.  I paid for a product last Friday and I have stuggled without any help or response, just to download what I already paid for!

Thanks again.  I truly appreciate your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report