Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door name assignment as local

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1146 Views, 11 Replies

Door name assignment as local

Good evening to you all, I am writing to you because I am having difficulty setting a parameter on a family (in this case, door), which is fundamental for my degree thesis, in which I want to develop the Facility Management theme and to do so I am using a tool called COBie. To understand how it works, I'm seeing video tutorials on the internet, because I can't find adequate literature to talk about it. The videos shows an example project showing that the doors have the same identification number as the room they access (as you can see in the photo that I have attached). I don't know which values ​​to set in the "Parameter Properties" window within the family editing phase, but I can't get what I want. What data should I set to have a configuration like this? As I said before, this thing should also be reproduced for other families, including windows and furniture (being a school I would have a catalogue of the elements identified by floor or even by class). I hope you can understand what I want to say. Thanks everybody for the help.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for your reply. Sorry but maybe I explained in a wrong way. I would assign at the door the same name of the room so I can do the Facility Management part but I don't know which formula need to write. In the link you posted I didn't find the solution 😞 

Message 4 of 12
barthbradley

You need to make the Door "Room Aware", don't you? Room Calculation Point needs to be activated in family to do that.

Message 5 of 12
barthbradley

Figure it out yet?

COBie.Component.Space: The Revit Room Number the component resides. Doors or windows called up must list the “ToRoom” and “FromRoom” within the same cell.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/EN...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for your suggestion. I activated "Room calculation point" and obtained the infos in the door schedule but the names of the doors didn't change. Do I have set some formula? 

Message 7 of 12
barthbradley

The names of the Doors?  Are you referring to the Door Tag?  The Door Tag is pulling the Mark parameter value. There's nothing miraculous going on here, and it has no connection with the data the Room Tag is displaying.  

I notice in your screenshot that you have the The BIM Interoperability Tools installed, and that you have obviously used it properly to set-up your Cobie Data.   What more are you trying to do?  

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Yes I referred to Door Tag. So are you saying that I have to change one by one the tag of the door to have the same name? For example I want that in the room 101, the tag of the door is 101. Is it possible to have it automatically? The image I attached is a screenshot taken on a video and I want the same configuration. And yes I have BIM Interoperability tools for the FM, but I need to have that data on my project to proceed. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

Message 9 of 12
barthbradley

Typically MARK values are unique to each instance of he Family. If you were to use the same Mark for another instance, Revit will throw a Warning.  So, the Door Tag would need a pull from another Parameter field, such as the in-built "Comments" Parameter. Or, you could create your own.  Either way, you would need to redefine the Label in the Door Tag Family -- either to pull the "Comments" value, or a pull a custom Shared Parameter value, which you would need to add to the list of available Parameters.  

Message 10 of 12
ToanDN

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you so much for your reply. It's the first time for me that I use Dynamo. I set the data that are in the video but there's a warning( as you can see in attached) that say " Error: Room is a name of class and can't be used as variable" un nome di classe e non può essere utilizzato come variabile." I tried to write commands in Italian, because I'm using revit in Italian and there's another type of warning (yellow in this case) (please see the attached n. 2) and it says "Warning: Get. Operation ValueAtIndex failed. Index not included in the range. Non-negative value required and smaller than collection size.
Parameter name: index.

I don't understand where is the problem.

Message 12 of 12

Can you tag the doors using the COBie. data? As in create a parameter that will recognise COBie. data e.g. 'COBie.Component.BarCode' and use this to create a door tag?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report