Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door family not resizing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brandt3BF9V
141 Views, 2 Replies

Door family not resizing

Hi all,

I need a door at 45deg instead of 90deg. I edited the family of the standard M_Single-Flush to shift the door itself 45deg (saved as different family name).

When I load it into the project - the default 915 wide door works great. But I need a 620 and 420 version of it also.

When changing the size in properties the gap in the wall will resize, but not the door graphic. Image attached.

How do I get it to resize? Or do I need to create separate instances for each size option I need?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jay_colcombe
in reply to: brandt3BF9V

It appears the 2D Detail Items and Symbolic Lines that indicate the Swing have lost association with the reference places that drive the width.  You will need to associate these and they will adjust for each Family.

jay_colcombe_0-1694680992946.png

You can add a Swing Parameter to control this angle if required, i have used this guide in the past but there are lots of videos on this.

Revit: Adding a 45 degree Door Swing using Visibility Controls - IMAGINiT Technologies Support Blog ...

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 3
syman2000
in reply to: brandt3BF9V

You should be able to change the angle if you load the default door from the cloud

syman2000_0-1694704848475.png

Here you should be able to adjust the door swing angle

syman2000_1-1694704902936.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report