Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of objects

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
249 Views, 4 Replies

Display of objects

Hi, just a quick one on the display of objects. I have a floor in a house and it has wood for the top layer and it doesnt cut out the floor poche for the cabinets that I have in there. Are you supposed to put the floor/ cabinets in the drawing in a certain order to get the poche to cut at the right locations? Thanks John Fleming
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The factory cabinets were designed to be transparent from the top. You can make your own cabinet which will hide the floor hatch if you like. "John Fleming" wrote in message news:4225ed62_2@newsprd01... > Hi, just a quick one on the display of objects. I have a floor in a house > and it has wood for the top layer and it doesnt cut out the floor poche for > the cabinets that I have in there. Are you supposed to put the floor/ > cabinets in the drawing in a certain order to get the poche to cut at the > right locations? > > Thanks > John Fleming > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

You need to open the counter top family and either pick on the 3d solid and under its visibilty settings make it on in plan. It is turned off by default. Or make a detail component that is a filled region that is solid white or no hatch opaque and then nest that into you countertop family.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Found it thanks. I guess that I find it odd that not having it checked in the visability settings is the default. Why would not want to have the floor poche cut at not only cabinets but appliances also. I am really confused at why this would be. Is there a reason that it isnt checked as the default? "sdbrown" wrote in message news:27279536.1109791182142.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > You need to open the counter top family and either pick on the 3d solid > and under its visibilty settings make it on in plan. It is turned off by > default. Or make a detail component that is a filled region that is solid > white or no hatch opaque and then nest that into you countertop family.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

To speed view regeneration, if revit has to calculate the hidden line removal it adds to the regen time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report