Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displace model-in-place elements

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chughes
371 Views, 3 Replies

Displace model-in-place elements

Is it possible to displace elements of a model-in-place?  I have modeled-in-place a stair, using the stair category, isolated it in the 3D view, and would like to pull it apart.  The stair model consists of multiple nested extrusions.  Starting the displacement command only gives the option to displace the entire model.  Starting the edit-in-place command and the selecting a nested extrusion does give me the displacement tool option.  I think I am SOL, but am hoping I am wrong.

chughes_0-1631648857617.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: chughes

@chughes wrote:

Is it possible to displace elements of a model-in-place?  I have modeled-in-place a stair, using the stair category, isolated it in the 3D view, and would like to pull it apart.  The stair model consists of multiple nested extrusions.  Starting the displacement command only gives the option to displace the entire model.  Starting the edit-in-place command and the selecting a nested extrusion does give me the displacement tool option.  I think I am SOL, but am hoping I am wrong.

Change the in place model to Generic Models category, Create Parts, Displace Parts.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
chughes

That’s the one.  This is only possible as a generic model, I suppose?

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

@chughes wrote:

That’s the one.  This is only possible as a generic model, I suppose?

I suppose so.  On the other hand, if you compose an in-pace or a loadable family (any category) from various nested shared families then you can tab and displace them individually in project.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators