Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions distorted on exported PDF sheets when using break view.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fik6RWB4
304 Views, 5 Replies

Dimensions distorted on exported PDF sheets when using break view.

Hello forum, first timer post here so bear with me.

I have this strange issue where the dimension numbers on some of my exported drawings get distorted/skewed when using horizontal break. It seems a bit as if the width of the number gets proportionally skewed according to where its located in relation to the element (when I move the dimension number closer to the center of element it gets distorted more and vice versa.).

I tried different fixes such as placing the dimension only on 2D / 3D elements, moving the dimension text around, exporting in raster / vector but nothing seems to help with the issue ....

It is quite troublesome as we need to show overall height/length of elements but currently the dimension becomes unreadable ....

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Yien_Chao
in reply to: fik6RWB4

did you try with different pdf printer?

Message 3 of 6
fik6RWB4
in reply to: Yien_Chao

Yes, I tried it with Adobe PDF, Bluebeam PDF and Microsoft PDF as default printer but same result. To clarify I am using Revit 2022 Export to PDF feature.
Message 4 of 6
Yien_Chao

oh it is only that way with the Export option?

does the print pdf also doing this?

can you share a sample here?

Message 5 of 6
fik6RWB4
in reply to: Yien_Chao

It seems the issue is gone when using print as pdf.

However, I would still like to solve the issue with Export to PDF, since I have a large number of sheets and different sheets sets with naming that I need to export, for which Export to PDF works nicely.

Message 6 of 6
Lachlan-JWP

Try DiRoots ProSheets (Revit add-in). It has heaps of functionality for naming and batch printing pdf's from Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report