Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension a point cloud

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
3030 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension a point cloud

I have a point cloud linked into Revit, and it seems none of the dimension tools work with it. While the Measure tool can snap to a point in the cloud, none of the dimension commands will, not Aligned, Linear, nor Spot Elevation nor Spot Coordinate.

Even typing in 'PC' for the Point Cloud snap (as mentioned in the Snaps dialog) does not work.

Can anybody else confirm this? Suggestions?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Hello @dtiemeyer

Measurement tool and dimensioning tool function differently...Normally you cannot place dimensions directly on to a Point Cloud because dimensions require elements/references which can be constrained ... measurement tool ont he otherhand can snap to any planner surface

Edit:

If you are not adding any objects/elements to it and just want to dimension it as is; you can add tiny ref planes to measure to and from

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

What does ref planes mean?

Message 4 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: Anonymous

it is a Reference Plane, in Revit.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report