Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Section Type of same View

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
christidis.dimitris91
331 Views, 2 Replies

Different Section Type of same View

Hi guys. What I would like to accomplish is the following:

I have a section view, with its Section Head addressed to the Documentation floor plans -

christidisdimitris91_0-1637230151326.png

Would it be possible to duplicate it as a Dependent "working" section view which has a different section head so that I can have direct understanding which section I'm looking at when I'm at the working plans?

christidisdimitris91_1-1637230360522.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@christidis.dimitris91 

Changing the section type in 1 view will change it in all views, not just the dependent ones.

It is possible to work around that by nesting generic annotations into the section head family and control their visibility using subcategories. However, in my opinion that would be unnecessary tedious work that might confuse users.

Alternatively, if you feel that having such stamp is a must, you could do the following:

1. switch off the section Head in the subject child view
  2. add a view reference instead (and reference the related section)
  3. Hide the View Reference in the parent view

Section Mark Change.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 3

Incredibly helpful. Thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators