Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split family types

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
275 Views, 4 Replies

Split family types

Hi, is it possible to automatically split all types of a family into single rfa files.?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

I am not sure why would you want to split into several .rfa ... the answer is no, that is not possible automatically.

1. You will wither need to open delete all types except 1 and save as
  2. or you can automate that using other means

Did you consider using Type Catalogs?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Hi, I know it doesn't make too much sense but I have been asked to split the types into different RFAs. I used the type catalog to create all the different types of the same family from an excel. I thought there was an autmatic method with some Dynamo script.

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

I have previously used dynamo to automate family updates and lookup table updates. SO I assume the same process may be used to automate what you are after. 

I would suggest that you take this post to the Dynamobim.org forum 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

What about loading all the Family Types from the Type Catalog into a Project and then doing a Save As=>Library=>Family?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report